Your house and smoke
Fall is here! With the change in seasons, people will be active both outside and indoors. Cooking inside is the #1 cause of house fires. Consider the following tips to ensure your family is safe.
- Test Smoke Detector batteries every month
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, including the basement, both inside and outside of sleeping areas.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- Position barbecue grills at least 10 feet away from siding and deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Never use a stove range or oven to heat your home.
Smoke Damage Cleanup
Smoke damage can leave a lasting impact on your house and make rooms unbearable to breathe in.
Before you begin cooking inside, it is important to understand the risks of smoke damage.
SERVPRO Of Middletown Springboro can help you eliminate smoke and fire damage professionally.